The City of Brotherly Love
|Home to the nation's first capital, Philadelphia is full of national historic landmarks. There are many museums and sites to visit, such as the Liberty Bell in Independence Hall. Philadelphia is known as the “City of Brotherly love” and has the most outdoor sculptures and murals in the US. Philadelphia is famous for its cheesesteaks, hoagies, roast beef sandwiches, and pretzels. There are a variety of free festivals, events, and celebrations in the city.|
|Average rental cost for a 3 bedroom apartment is $400-$500/month for each person. AmeriCorps members typically live in University City/West Philadelphia, Powelton Village, around Temple University, South Philly, Fishtown, and Fairmount.|
|City Year Philadelphia provides AmeriCorps members with transportation support for the bus, trolley and subway.|
Useful Philadelphia Links
Fun Things to Do
- Find the best authentic Philly cheesesteaks around town
- Check out this endless list of free and affordable attractions
- Roam the many art galleries the first Friday every month for free
- Visit the Liberty Bell, an icon of American history
- Sign up for Funsavers discounts and save on half-priced event tickets
- Take a self-guided walking tour of the largest collection of murals around the city
View City Sites
"I like City Year because they help me and give me jokes when I'm feeling down." -7th grade student #makebetterhappen #cymiami
I loved the @SA2020 presentation with @CityYearSA! #MakeBetterHappen Its great to see people committed to making SA the best city possible.
@CYPVDCarlGLauro @CityYearPVD Thanks for letting me come back to see how a whole new group continues to #makebetterhappen!